Ron & Tina Konkin- Founding Directors

Ron & Tina Konkin- Founding Directors
Ron & Tina Konkin- Founding Directors, Key Note Speakers, Registered Professional Counselors - Photo by Capturing Moments

Living Above the Line

Relationship Help Centers - RON & TINA KONKIN, - Living Above The Line is the legacy we want to create for every man, woman, and child because we believe life was meant to be lived abundantly. To learn more about how you can live a fulfilled life both personally and in your relationships then Living Above The Line with the Konkins is a blog you will want to follow.

Visit The Relationship Help Centers Website Here!

Relationship Help Centers offers the renown Exclusive Couples Retreat & the intensive Relationship BootCamp. Both are recommended by Dr. Phil and used as a resource on his website. Gene Simmons & Shannon Tweed-Simmons attended the Exclusive Couples Retreat before they decided to tie the knot. Visit www.RelationshipHelpCenters.com www.RelationshipBootCamp.com www.CouplesRetreat.com for more information on all of our programs.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Does Marriage Counselling Really Work?


Does Marriage Counseling Work?
At Marriage Help Centers, when it comes to registering for the Relationship BootCamp, we're often told "We've tried marriage counselling and it didn't work for us." We hear this all the time, and there may be some truth to this, but why? Below is an article from 'The Marriage Sherpa' with some interesting answers. As a company we believe in marriage counselling, however most of us are impatient beings, and counselling can take a long time before you start to see results. Think of going to the gym. It takes a while before you really start to see weight loss, muscle toning, and increased strength. This is why health clubs often offer "fitness bootcamps". They are so popular because they are intense, specifically designed, and give you a jumpstart into getting fit. But if you don't do anything after you go to a fitness bootcamp, you won't get into shape, you have to follow up and keep going to the gym to get RESULTS! This is like our relationship bootcamp, we give you a jumpstart into healing in yourself and your relationship, but for best LONG TERM RESULTS we recommend you follow up with one of our qualified coaches, join a support group or see a counsellor. 


"November 21st, 2011 http://www.marriagesherpa.com/blog/marriage/does_marriage_counseling_work/ 

Your marriage may be struggling, and you may have considered seeing a marriage counselor but wonder, “Does marriage counseling work?”
As with most things in life, there is not one clear answer.
In this blog, I’ll explain why many are skeptical about marriage counseling: statistics that aren’t too promising when it comes to answering “does marriage counseling work.”
However, you won’t leave this article without first taking two ideas with you for how to start down the road of saving your marriage. Keep reading…
Who does marriage counseling work for?
Does marriage counseling work for anyone?
I recently saw a statistic that said marriage counseling had a failure rate of 75%. How scientifically accurate this percentage is, well, that’s a matter for debate.
If this statistic is in the ballpark of being accurate, then if half of all marriages end in divorce, it sounds like marriage counseling may be helping people… on their way out.
But that means, again using this statistic, that marriage counseling does potentially work 25% of the time.
Whether marriage counseling works or not is affected by many different factors:
    Each spouse’s willingness to consider going to marriage counseling.
    The couple’s ability to stick with counseling.
    Each spouse’s ability to make changes in their response to their partner.
    How far gone the marriage is when the couple enters counseling.
Marriage Counseling Methodology May Be an Issue
In addition, there are some methods that just do not work. That doesn’t mean those methods aren’t still in use, though. There are therapists who are well-meaning, but continue to use methods that they were initially trained in.
This means they aren’t taken advantage of the newest research findings in relational science – which has recognized that some of those traditional methods simply will not work.
Why?
Because you are probably going to marriage counseling for about an hour a week, and that’s all the time and effort going into it. You may try some strategies, but there’s no real program to follow, so you don’t know where you’re headed other than hoping you’ll be “happier” together – an often vague, undefined concept.
If you’re in a relationship that has gone sour, you need to understand why you and your spouse respond to each other the way that you do. Telling you to “not yell at your spouse” does not help you clearly understand why you yell at your spouse. You may continue to think, “It’s because he/she makes me mad.”
You may do fine in the marriage counselor’s office. But then there is the rest of the week ahead that you still need to get through—with no mediator to sit between you.
A New Alternative to Counseling that Can Save Your Marriage
Also, many people don’t stick with it long enough. “We went a few times, things got better, so we stopped going.” And usually, that’s well before any new, positive habits could become implanted.
Here are two tips to help you save your marriage: they involve knowing what you are getting into in order to really save the relationship.
Tip 1: Commit to change in yourself
It’s easy to get caught up in finger-pointing: “He does this” or “She did that” and not take any ownership for your part in the marriage. The relationship is between you and your spouse, and the problems are situated right there in the middle.
If you want to save your marriage, it’s going to take changes on the part of both spouses. If you continue to point your finger at the other for all the problems in the marriage, you will both stay locked in your respective corners, going round after round until the final knockout occurs: becoming another divorce statistic.
The truth is, you will both need to make some changes in order for this to work. You both have bad habits you’ve brought into the relationship, or fell into as a couple. And, if your spouse feels stuck in the idea that they do not need to change, you may need to take the leadership role and do what you can to create new ways of communicating with your spouse.
Tip 2: Self-assessment
Commit to keeping an open mind about the part you play in your marriage. This means you will need to assess how you behave toward your spouse—something that is easier said than done. When it comes to your spouse, are you:
    Speaking disrespectfully to him or her?
    Taking your spouse for granted?
    Tuning out/not listening?
    Displaying irritability/anger?
    Needing to be in the right all the time?
    Practicing passive-aggressiveness?
This is just a small sampling of characteristics. Another way of looking at it is, “Would I talk to or treat my best friend the way I do my spouse?” Most of us can’t say that we would. So, analyze what’s different in how you treat your spouse from how you treat others—including perfect strangers.
My best to you as you and your work to save your marriage, whether on your own or if you decide to try marriage counseling.
Have you considered marriage counseling?
What is your opinion on how well marriage counseling works?
Have you gone to marriage counseling? What was your experience?
Please share your ideas and personal experiences on this topic with other members of the community.
Wishing you hope and healing for your marriage,

Stephanie Anderson
Editor-in-Chief
Marriage Sherpa"


To speak with one of our coaches or sign up for the Relationship BootCamp go to www.marriagehelpcenters.com 

19 comments:

  1. Yes, marriage counseling really works - but no, it doesn't always. When it doesn't work, there are commonly a few reasons to think about:

    1) One partner was not truly committed to the reason of repairing the relationship.
    2) The problem in the relationship is something that either party is unwilling to change.
    3) There was resistance to the therapeutic process by one of the parties involved.

    Melbourne Counsellors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex-boyfriend dumped me 8months ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me .I was so confuse and don’t know what to do, so I reach to the internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 2days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. once again thank you Dr Godday you are truly talented and gifted. Email: Goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com is the only answer. he can be of great help and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man contact +19194956404 - WHATSAPP ONLY



      Delete
  2. Thank you for the comment. We are believers in marriage counselling, but often find (like you mentioned) that people can be quite resistant to change and also get impatient (and quit) because it can be a slow process.

    This is why we developed the intensive 4 day Relationship BootCamp because it is 40 hours of focused and interactive drills and exercises to get to the root of the issues and learn to tools to move passed them.
    We strongly recommend coaching or counselling to all of our clients after attending the program to continue their growth.

    Thank you for your comment and for reading our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the success of a marriage counselling does nor lies on the marriage alone as both couple should so something too for the relationship to be saved.

    marriage counseling in Denver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I am in the process of writing something on the same basic topic. Your blog continues to impress.

    counselling Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! This is a good read. Keep it up! I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about marital counseling in your area. I'm glad to stop by your site and know more about marital counseling.
    With increasing modernization or westernization in many parts of the world and the continuous shift towards isolated nuclear families the trend is towards trained and accredited relationship counselors or couple therapists. Sometimes volunteers are trained by either the Government or social service institutions to help those who are in need of family or marital counseling. Many communities and government departments have their own team of trained voluntary and professional relationship counselors. Similar services are operated by many universities and colleges, sometimes staffed by volunteers from among the student peer group. Some large companies maintain a full-time professional counseling staff to facilitate smoother interactions between corporate employees, to minimize the negative effects that personal difficulties might have on work performance.
    A marital relationship is being compromised or threatened and the couple is enlisting the help of a third-party to assist them either to restore a sense of commitment to and well-being in the relationship, or to facilitate a functional termination of the relationship.

    marital counseling ma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read your it is very interesting and knowledgeable, the marriage councilor tips us to spark and reconnect in marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I cannot believe this, my husband is back, i am greatful to see my husband returned with full force, Mr Robinson made this miracle to happen, Happiness has come to me at last, I am very pleased to say things are going well, I truly believe this spell has made difference in my relationship, Mr Robinson is truly gifted, I will recommend to anybody who's looking for a serious spell caster to cast a love spell him or her should contact this email robinsonbuckler@yahoo. com or call Mr Robinson + 19715126745, he wont disappointed you if you ask him to help you. All I want to say is that this spell caster MADE MY DREAMS COME TRUE.

      Delete
  7. I am Mrs Herlina Al-Qurnia, I want to share a testimony of my life to every one. I was married to my husband clifford Moore, I love him so much we have been married for 5 years now with two kids. when he went for a vacation to France he meant a lady called Mary?, he told me that he is no longer interested in the marriage any more. I was so confuse and seeking for help, I don't know what to do until I met my friend Augustina and told her about my problem. she told me not to worry about it that she had a similar problem before and introduce me to a man called Dr olorun who cast a spell on her ex and bring him back to her after 1days. Augustina ask me to contact Dr Olorun. I contacted him to help me bring back my husband and he ask me not to worry about it that the gods of his fore-fathers will fight for me. He told me by two days he will re-unite me and my husband together. After two day my husband called and told me he is coming back to sought out things with me, I was surprise when I saw him and he started crying for forgiveness. Right now I am the happiest woman on earth for what this great spell caster did for me and my husband, you can contact Dr olorun on any problem in this world, he is very nice man, here is his contact Olorunoduduwaspiritualtemple@g mail.com He is the best spell caster who can help you within 2 days. or call him now on +2348165219949

    ReplyDelete
  8. No doubt, marriage counselling is a marital guidance that works for couples in solving their personal issues. The valuable information is added here regarding marriage counselling. Thanks!
    Working of Marriage Counselling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Husbands really need to be careful of other woman outside their marriage,this was a true life story that happened to me to my own notice my sister took my husband from me the Husband whom i have love so much and promise me that no woman will take him from me but all of a sudden things turned apart if not for my friend hear in USA that told me i needed a spell caster that can cast a spell to separate them maybe by now he must have went for a divorce which could have made me commit suicide because i loved him so much likewise like him also but how things turn around was a thing that surprised me.
    I vowed that any thing it could cost me i must separate him and my elder sister i then collected the contact of this spell caster from my friend Mary she told me his name is spiritual Priest Ajigar and his email is priestajigarspells@live.com i contacted him and narrated the whole story to him he consulted and found out that my sister visited a spell caster that casted a spell that made him love her i then ask him what to do he told me that this spell needed to be broken so that my husband can leave her alone and come back to me the spell was broken and within three days he began to hate her that he even beat her up before he said to her that it is over between him and her right now my husband is with me again and take good care of me like he have never done before i thank my friend Mary but i own all thanks to priest Ajigar for bringing back my husband and i therefore for advice that if you notice any strange behavior in your marriage or your boy friend or girlfriend is cheating you contact Priest Ajigar to know the root of it he will surely help you out and give an everlasting solution to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of the individuals are getting impoverished for the Counselling Gold Coast services which provides us the satisfaction of a happy and enjoyable life which goes on without any stress and tension and this could only be possible through these kind of motivating services.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Be careful here nobody can help you here or even suggest how you can get your ex or love back,any testimonies of most spell caster here must be ignore.because most of them are scam i mean real scam which i was a victim and i got ripped of thousands of dollars because i was so anxious to get my wife back after she left me for over 2 years with my 7 years old son jerry,i have applied to 7 different spell caster here and all to no avail they all ask for same thing send your name your ex name address and picture phone number etc which i did over and over again and most of them were from west Africa until i saw a post about mama Anita spell and i decided to gave her my last trail.she ask me four things my real name,my ex and my ex mother name and $180 and said my ex will come back in 24hours, i have paid over $3000 on spell casting and courier and nothing have work for me after 3 days i was thinking about how much i have lost so far so i said let me give her a try so i called her again and send my real name,my ex and my ex mother name and the $180 because i swear it was my last try so i was waiting as she told me to wait till next day and i could not sleep that night because i really love my wife and want her back at 9pm that day i saw my wife on line on face book and she said hi at first i was shock because she never talk with me for the past a year and 9 month now i did not reply again she said are you there? i quickly reply yes and she said can we see tomorrow i said yes and she went off-line i was confused i try to chat her again but she was no more on line i could not sleep that night as i was wondering what she is going to say, by 7.am the next morning she gave me a miss call i decided not to call back as i was still on shock again she call and i pick she said can we see after work today i said yes so she end the call immediately i got off work she call me and we meet and now we are back again i call mama Anita the next day thanking her for what she has done in fact i still call her and thank her as my life was not complete without my wife please be careful here i have been scam thousands of dollars if you want a true love spell then contact mama Anita (mama.anitatruelovespell@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in USA a country where Divorce cases seems to be the order of the day,i was married to my husband Lawson for 18 years and we were living happily together with our 3 kids and all of a sudden their came this sad moment for the first time in my life i curt my husband having an affair with a lady outside our marriage before this time i have already started noticing strange behavior like he used to spend some time with us, comes home early after work but since he started having an affair with this lady all his love for his wife gone and he now treats me badly and will not always make me happy.I had to keep on moving with my life never knowing that our marriage was now leading to divorce which i can not take because i love Lawson my husband so much and i can't afford to loose him to this strange Lady,i had to seek a friends advice on how i could resolve my marriage problem and make the divorce case not to take place and my husband live this Lady and come back to me again having heard my story my friend decided to help me at all cost she then referred me to A spell caster named Priest Ajigar, my friend also told me that Priest Ajigar have helped so many people that were going through divorce, and also finding possible ways to amend their broken relationship. To cut my story short i contacted Priest Ajigar and in just four days after the spell was done my husband left the other lady and withdrew the divorce case all till now my husband is with me and he now treats me well and we are living happily together again all appreciation goes to Priest Ajigar i never could have done this my self, so to whom it may concern if you are finding difficulty in your relationship or having problems in your marriage just contact Priest Ajigar he is Powerful and his spell works perfectly,i am somebody who never believed or heard about spell but i gave it a try with Priest Ajigar and today every thing is working well for me and if you need his help his email is (priestajigarspells@live.com)

    ReplyDelete


  13. I was in total despair when I found Dr. Todd. My life was going terrible and I didn't know if I was coming or going. I had just gone through a rough divorce, wasn't making enough money to sustain me and my children, and my 17 year old son had just gone to jail for the first time. When I talked to him, I immediately found a sense of peace. He was very honest with me and I could feel that. He also told me that everything would be okay. After my work began, things began to change. My bills were all caught up, the relationship I was in became much stronger, I was never FLAT broke, and my son was released from jail earlier than we expected!! I also completely got over the failed marriage and began to move on. And, received a better position at my job which will cause an $800 per month increase!! I felt completely comfortable with the work that was being done because I was always encouraged by Dr. Todd. manifestspellcast@gmail.com is the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I am Jessica Funk. After being in relationship with my husband for
    years, he broke up with me. I did everything within my reach to bring him
    back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I
    had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused.
    I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather
    contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back ,
    I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster, and he assured
    me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before three days.
    He cast the spell and surprisingly on the second day, my husband called me.
    I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so
    sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He
    also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how
    we started living together happily again. The spell casters email is :
    okokakspedllhome@gmail.com. You can email him if you need his assistance in
    your relationship or any other Case. Or WhatApp him on +2349060421250

    1) Love Spells
    2) Lost Love Spells
    3) Divorce Spells
    4) Marriage Spells
    5) Binding Spell.
    6) Breakup Spells
    7) Banish a past Lover
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
    9) want to satisfy your lover
    Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
    through okokakspellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  15. i want to testify about a great spell caster that help me cast a spell that bring my husband back to me without any delay. I broke up with him with just little misunderstanding hoping we will get back shortly,but things was growing worse until i contacted Dr.Manbela who help me with his historical powers to bring him back, i have never believed in a spell caster until i come across him, it will be of great sin if i should go out from here without dropping the contact of this great spell caster, in case you need the help of this great spell caster you can contact him through his email: once you contact him all your problems will be over ,once again i say very big thanks to you sir for helping me to recover my husband back, and please sir keep your good work because people need your help and in their lives ,once more thank you Dr Manbela

    contact him via; Manbelaspelltemple1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. My name is Valary West.I'm from Canada, My husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behaviour from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through I am very happy today with my family. My name is West Valary  living in Canada, My husband left me for good 3 months now, and i love him so much, i have been looking for a way to get him back since then. i have tried many options but he did not come back, until i met a friend that darted me to Dr. Odumeje a spell caster, who helped me to bring back my husband after 48 hours. Me and my husband are living happily together today, That man is great, you can contact him via email odumejetemple@gmail.com . Now i will advice any serious persons that found themselves in this kind of problem to contact him now a fast solution without stress.. He always hello, now i call him my father. contact him now he is always online email odumejetemple@gmail.com or contact him on his whatsapp mobile line +2349012479806

    you can also contact me for more info about the DR here is my email. westvalary@gmail.com   

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi viewers, I'm posting this Because i found lots of people having marriage problems which I also experienced. I recently found help from a man called Dr. Oselumen he did a great job that made my man fell back in love with me again after ten months of separation. I want you to know there are fake online spell Dr .s if someone out there needs help, can email this great spell caster, droselumen@gmail. com check or connect with him on WhatsApp +2348054265852. He will give you the best result.
    CONTACT HIM FOR ANY KIND OF HELP,MONEY SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL,PREGNANCY SPELL,DIVORCE SPELL,SPELL TO STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL,HEALING SPELL,SPELL TO REMOVE BLACK MAGIC OUT FROM YOUR LIFE,FAMILY AND MARRIAGE PROBLEM.

    ReplyDelete